Wednesday, June 02, 2010

can't help lovin' that man of mine

I was having some deep thoughts the other day (which is kind of scary with this level of postpartum hormones) about how when you are first dating someone you are not thinking about what kind of spouse they are going to be, you are just enjoying dating life and having fun. And you are surely not thinking about what kind of parent they will be to your kids some day and how you will spend the majority of your life raising children with this person. But somehow (by the wonderful grace of God) my cute high school sweetheart turned out to be the most amazing husband AND amazing father for our children. This past two weeks since Annie's birth, I have been reminded of how insanely blessed I am to have Jamie in my life. I've been trying to keep my baby blues & tears under control this time around but Jamie keeps doing things to spoil me and surprise me with sweet gestures- that I can't help but spill of few tears of gratitude for this man of mine. If he keeps giving me this much love & attention every time we have babies, we really might catch up with the Duggar's...!! ;)