Thursday, July 29, 2010

new look, same great flavor

This is the sixth year for the children's choir that Andrea , Jamie and I started. (Andrea left two years ago to pursue her doctorate and choral composing but we still talk often and I'm proud to say "I knew her when...".) Now my friend from college, Rebecca McBride, assists me with the older choir and we are getting ready to kick off our 2010-2011 season. However this year we decided to change our name. No longer the "Bentonville Children's Choir"... we are now the Northwest Arkansas Youth Chorus.  It's something we've been wanting to do for a few years and finally decided it was time. We have a new website and logo (both I'm proud to say I designed myself... ooh aah). So if you know of any boys or girls ages 8-18 who love to sing... we'd love to have them join our choir family this season!