Thursday, August 26, 2010

don't make them cry

My students also started back to school last week and I have to say it's been one of the best starts of school I've had in a long time! I have a great group of middle schoolers this year and I am really excited about a wonderful year.
This is my tenth year of teaching! And I still get really pumped up about teaching the world to sing. I am so glad I truly love my job!
And being in a routine again is nice, too. Even though my day starts at 5:30am, it's good that I have to shower and make myself presentable each day. :)
Middle school kids are a fun breed. They are old enough to laugh at my stupid jokes but not quite old enough to be "too cool for school". I really love this age.

I have about 450 kids that I teach in my choir room each week and it's really kind of scary how much of an impact I can have on them. I just hope that I can share with them my love for music and be a positive influence in their life.
Or as my friend Gloria would say... just don't make them cry. ;)