Friday, January 14, 2011

one of those days

This morning was one of THOSE moments when it was so bad it was almost funny. Almost.

I had been up in the night with Annie because she has a nasty cough and didn't sleep well. She finally went to bed only to wake up grouchy at 5:30 this morning.

So while I was trying to soothe her (and get ready for work) I had to wake Audrie up to get her ready to go to her preschool. I was already running late but I needed to give Audrie some cough syrup and she was NOT having it. Throwing a huge fit. The medicine spilled all over her face, down her neck, on her clothes, and in the floor. Jamie came over to help me and stepped in the syrup. It soaked the bottom of his sock and he was tracking a sticky mess all over the kitchen floor. Annie was crying. Audrie was crying. I was snapping at Jamie to take off his freakin' sock. It wasn't pretty.

Eventually we got things somewhat under control, but I was never more glad to leave for work! :)