Thursday, July 21, 2011

our 'one' friends

If you've been reading our blog for any length of time you would know that one of the main reasons we were able to make this move to NYC is due to our dear friends, Jason and Samanthe, who live here.

I'm not sure if they are sick of us yet (if so, they do a good job of hiding it) but we are pretty much smothering them with our neediness.

Tuesday night they invited Audrie and I to go see a children's production of Aladdin. Oh my goodness it was SO cute my face hurt from smiling. And Audrie sat there grinning the entire time, too. As soon as it was over Audrie jumped up, pointed at the stage, and said "I want to do a show, mommy!".

The other day at my new school another teacher casually asked me what my plans for the weekend were and I said something about some friends coming over for dinner. This teacher knows we just moved into town so she looked at me surprised like "oh, you have friends?". And I had to clarify it was our "one" set of friends here. And it happened again today where I was telling this same teacher about going to see Aladdin with our friends and she asked... "your ONE friends?". Yep, our one set of friends!

We love you, Jason and Sam (and baby Sammy-Oh). Thank you for being our ONE friends in this big city!