Thursday, February 23, 2012

a valentine's day to remember

Valentine's day has never been one of my favorite holidays, but this year was really special. 

As soon as I got home from work I gave the girls a few Valentine's treats I had picked up for them. Then we attempted a craft. We tried to do that thing where you use glue and yarn to create heart shape ornaments. We let them dry on wax paper, but for some reason they never set. Oh well, the girls and I had fun making a mess working on them.

 Then the girls and I went into the kitchen to make daddy a special dinner. I have to say that since Audrie is getting older she actually is a big help in the kitchen! (And she loves wearing her apron.)
 Annie is our official taste tester. :)
So the girls and I cooked up a "Pinterest Meal". These are all great recipes I found on Pinterest!

Chili Curry Fries
Rotisserie Chicken/Cream Cheese/Crescent Roll Puffs
Tomato/Mozz Cheese/Fresh Basil/Olive Oil Bites (Audrie LOVED these)
and Brownie Bites

 After we tucked the girls in bed, Jamie and I decided to go downtown to the top of the Empire State Building. (My brother, Caleb, stayed home with the sleeping girls.)

Jamie and I have never been to the Empire State Building and I thought it sounded romantic.


Like An Affair to Remember/ Sleepless in Seattle??

 The best thing was- there was NO line so we took the elevator right up (90 floors) and the weather was perfect for the view.
 We strolled around the observation deck, had our usual chat about "do we really live HERE??", captured a Valentine's Day kiss, then it started to snow a few flurries. It was very romantic.
 After we left the Empire State Building we walked over near Times Square to a diner that we had heard was known for their amazing cheesecake. And it was true. It was some of the best cheesecake I've ever had!
By then it was past midnight and I had to work the next day! So we headed home. But my goodness my heart was happy. It was a really wonderful Valentine's day.

I feel like this year more than ever Jamie and I have tested out the "love is patient. love is kind... always hopes, always trusts".

I'm so blessed to have Jamie as my Valentine!