Saturday, March 16, 2013

audrie's school photo


 We really like Audrie's school despite the bad rap that public schools get in our neighborhood. Our main priority when sending her to Pre-K this year, was that she still like going to school and that she would start to get used to going every day (even though it's only 1/2 day).  She has really learned a lot this year (she is reading and doing math and things I'm sure I didn't do until 1st or 2nd grade). We also love how diverse of an experience she is getting. The school is primarily Latino and African-American students (Audrie is the only Caucasian in her class) and we love that for her.

I was looking forward to seeing her class photo this year and it did not disappoint.

Look at those cuties! (The staff and teachers at her school call Audrie "blondie")....

HOWEVER, when I opened the envelope to view Audrie's potrait photo I just about fell in the floor laughing. This has to be THE most unphotogenic picture I have ever seen of my child...

Jamie asked me if we should have them redo it and I said NO, this is perfect... I love how ridiculous it is and this is the one we'll put in her senior slide show, right??