Friday, November 01, 2013

sweet girlies


Ok, I have to admit I was really looking forward to this Halloween because the girls had both picked costumes that involved me turning them into brunettes (Princess Jasmine and Snow White) and I was very much hoping that for only a moment they would somehow look like ME with their brown hair. They did look adorable, but.... still little Jamie Cornetts (with brown hair)!. :)

We had SOOOOO much fun trick-or-treating. Really, the girls are the perfect age for it and were in a FULL RUN the entire night from house to house. It was super cute. 


So I've been meaning to do a whole separate blog on how PROUD I am of Audrie's progress in Kindergarten this year. But since I can't seem to make that post happen, I'm just going to throw that in now.

Audrie has been ROCKIN' kindergarten like I never imagined she would. She got chosen from her class to be an Ambassador for her school, she consistently gets on "green smiley" every day (ok, she has had her "color changed" a couple of times, but that's good for her). She is a natural at making friends and even told me that the school cafeteria "cooks good food"! :)

And I'm not pretending that she is perfect. God knows that's far from the truth, but I am very thrilled with how much Audrie has been learning these past few months. 

Her reading has taken off. She sounds out new words and sentences and can read through easy books now. The latest fun thing that she is doing is that she has made the connection of how to WRITE sentences by sounding out what she wants to spell. Of course it's a little rough with spelling and phonics she is sounding out, but I think it's pretty darn amazing.

Tonight she wrote these sentences on her own and came to show me.  (it says "A leaf fell on me. I picked it up. I gave it to my daddy.") I love seeing her mind in action.



And then there is sweet wonderful Annie. Who is content pretending the mop is her ninja weapon...
She tells Jamie and I about 50 times a day how much she loves us.


I've had a heart breaking night tonight because I learned of a friend and former co-teacher whose wonderful16 year old son died suddenly of a blood clot today.
One of those things where you say WHY GOD?! That's just not fair at all. But then I have to think about all the peace and love her son is engulfed in Heaven right now.

"Some glad morning when this life is o'er,
I'll fly away;
To a home on God's celestial shore,
I'll fly away"