Monday, January 28, 2008

arranged marriage?

Friends of ours, Rhonald and Jenny, had their first baby two weeks ago and their boy, Cole, is the most adorable baby ever! It's been so fun all along to be about a month behind them with my pregnancy and see what to expect. This past week we got to spend some time at their house hanging out and holding their baby (I was hoping it would help calm my anxiousness to have our baby here, but I think it only made it worse!) This may sound strange, but when we left their house I could still smell the wonderful scent of "babyness" on me and I loved it! Spending time with them and holding their baby has been really good for Jamie, too. (I think he is relieved to see that not all babies scream nonstop!) We keep joking that Cole is Audrie's future boyfriend, but we may just have to wait and see if Jim and Emily's little boy is a better match! :) But how will Audrie resist falling for this adorable face....

Nicholas Myers Searcy ("Cole") was born on Friday, January 11, 2008.