Sunday, March 21, 2010

short stories from a pregnant girl

Oh the joys of pregnancy! Here are my latest stories:

The other night we were laying in bed and I got a little cough and I looked down and realized that every time I coughed- my belly button was popping in and out. Looked like a pop-up timer going nuts. It was a laugh/cry moment for sure. Jamie thought it was a lot more amusing than I did. :)

Yesterday I parked too close to the wall in the garage and so I was trying to squeeze past my rear view mirror to get into the house. So I automatically turned sideways to try to fit through, but then I realized that turning sideways didn't make me any more narrow. No matter which way I turned I was the same size all the way around! I may have shed a little tear (or twenty) as I reparked my car. Gotta love the pregnant hormones!

Then last night after dinner I was leaning up against the table resting my elbows on the edge. Annie was kicking away in my belly as she normally does after I "feed" her. All of a sudden she kicked so hard that I heard a soft thud against the table. Like I actually HEARD my unborn daughter whack her foot against the table. It was SO weird. But funny to me! I was imagining her hopping up and down in there grabbing her stubbed toe and cursing.

Anyways, that's the latest in my pregnant world. I am growing rounder and rounder each day (from head to toe). I feel like that girl in the movie Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. You know the one who eats the blueberry candy and blows up like a huge purple blimp and they have to roll her out of the room?! That is exactly how I feel these days!