Tuesday, February 22, 2011

work wives

What do you call a fairy that doesn't bathe?

Stinkerbell!

ha ha ha

(C'mon....I teach middle schoolers all day!)

Just wanted to share a few pics of what keeps me busy at my 9 to 5 (well actually 7:15-3:00) every day.
It's hard to believe this is my tenth year doing this! You'd think I'd know what I was doing by now. :)
I really do have a great job and if I have to be away from my girls all day, I'm glad it's doing something I truly enjoy!
This year I have a terrific group of students to work with. Of course I have a handful of unruly kiddos that like to test my breaking point, but overall this has been a wonderful year so far.
It's crazy how much becoming a parent has changed my outlook on teaching. Sometimes when I get frustrated with a trouble maker, I try to remember that student is some mama's baby, too. :)

But the true reason I keep my sanity at school is because of my 'work wives': Kate, Shannon, and Mel! These three lovely ladies are my fellow fine art teachers in our school, my lunch buddies, mommies of toddlers, and totally 'get' me. I am so lucky to have these girls as coworkers and friends!

Why doesn't Dracula have any friends?

He's a pain in the neck.

Mwaah ha ha!