Saturday, March 19, 2011

take me out to the ballgame

Last year my community children's choir sang the national anthem at a Natural's baseball game and it was SO much fun I decided to do it again this year but with my school choir kiddos.

So to get them pumped up about their performance, the Natural's people sent over their mascot, Strike, to visit my classroom! The kids LOVED it.

 I was a little unsure if middle schoolers were 'too cool' for a big hairy mascot. But they weren't. They all freaked out with excitement, gave him high fives, and even hugs.

 This is just one of the class periods that he visited... I'm bringing a large group to sing! Gonna be fun.

We'd love to have you come out to watch us sing that night. It's Thursday, April 7th at 6pm (opening night of the season). They will have fireworks and a fun night of baseball. Let me know if you want to reserve a ticket with our group (half of the proceeds go back to our choir program).