Tuesday, October 25, 2011

loves her sleep

I snapped this photo on my phone the other day at the park and thought Annie looked too grown up for me. I also wanted to share something she did tonight that totally cracked me up! 

So we've always been so blessed to have two girls who are awesome sleepers. Both Audrie and Annie have always loved sleep since they were born, gave great 'sleepy clues', and were quick bedtime routines... basically throw them in their bed and they're out. 

Ok, but tonight Annie really topped the charts. I was putting away laundry and I noticed Annie was getting pretty cranky and letting me know she was READY for bed. She kept trying to drag me by the finger towards her bed and pointing to her blankies. But I wanted to finish putting away her clothes in her room before I put her to sleep. She kept whining a little more and then... out of the corner of my eye... I see her run and, honestly, LAUNCH herself into her pack-n-play! She did a little head-over-heels flip over the railing and landed in the pile of blankets!!! Then she laid her little sweet head down and snuggled down to go to sleep. I just about fell over laughing at her! She had had ENOUGH of waiting for me and decided to put herself to bed. I couldn't believe it! So I tucked her in, shut off the lights, and let the poor girl get some sleep.