Sunday, October 23, 2011

parenting is easy

 This weekend Audrie tried really hard to remind me why I'm not cut out to be a stay-at-home mom. I truly admire those moms (and dads!) who are on the front lines every day and sometimes I find myself daydreaming of Jamie going back to work and me staying home. But this weekend I was never more thankful of my teaching job. It was one of those times where Jamie and I looked at each other and said "What are we doing wrong with Audrie??".
 For some reason this weekend Audrie just totally lost her mind several times and gave us (and every one around us) an awesome display of spoiled brat. Like people walking by hugged their kids a little tighter and thought "at least my kid is not THAT bad". ha!

I mean, we had some really great fun moments this weekend! But at one point we had to drag Audrie home kicking and screaming at the top of her lungs for five blocks "I DON'T LIKE YOU, DADDY! I DON'T LIKE YOU, DADDY..." (I only share this embarrassment because I'm sure at some point in the future this will seem funny. I hope. Right? Someone lie to me and tell me that someday when I have two teenage daughters they will skip home from school every day and tell me how right I am about everything. And how smart I am. And I'm pretty and smell good.)


Of course you know we LOVE Audrie more than life itself. And 99% of the time she is the life of the party and we just adore her awesome personality! But that other percent was in full force this weekend and we are praying that it is a bad phase (a very SHORT phase)!