Tuesday, August 28, 2012

wishing star

Sometimes I just can't get over how insanely MUCH I love my daughters and yet how CRAZY they make me at the same time (often in the same minute).

 Last night Jamie said something about how he couldn't believe that in a year from now we will be putting Audrie on the bus to go to Kindergarden. I almost slapped him. I said "there is NO WAY I'm putting Audrie on a school bus here in New York City and sending her off to school by herself!!!" But he reminded me that's what people do here just like any other city (one of our friends who has children a year older than ours sends her child on the bus to school every morning here in our neighborhood).

The thought almost made me puke. Not my Audrie. She's just a baby.

But then just to prove she is not a baby and is in fact thirteen years old... here are a couple Audrie stories.

Last night she was in big trouble for disobeying us so we sent her to her room way early for bedtime. I went in to check on her and she was sitting on the edge of her bed with her arms crossed in a pout across her chest. I asked her what was wrong and she huffed... "I'm having the worst life!!"

OMG. I just about laughed in her face. Welcome to four years old, Audrie. Congratulations on having the worst life ever.

FOR REAL?!

Ok then this morning when she woke up I guess she was still upset about Jamie having to discipline her so sternly last night, because this is what she said to him... "Daddy, I wished on the wishing star last night that you would be nice to me today."

Priceless.

I can just imagine the look on Jamie's face.

Oh my goodness, what are we going to do with this girl?!

Love her. But I guess we better find a cage to lock her in now before she hits puberty.... and WE start having the "worst life". ha!!

I really can't wait to see how this amazing little girl turns out...

I think Shakespeare must have met Audrie....
"Tho she be but little, she is fierce." -Shakespeare