Sunday, March 24, 2013

broadway dance center



Today parents were invited to observe at Audrie's dance studio. I'm embarrased to admit how many photos I took (and how many times I cried). And I know that every parent thinks THEIR kid is the most amazing in all the land, but Audrie truly blew my mind today with her awesome dancing. She is so focused and serious about doing it correctly. Her teachers are always bragging on her and picking her to model for the class.



 Her teachers, Miss Shelia and Miss Jessica, are so wonderful.

 I love Audrie's straight back and pointed toes in this picture...


True example of 'child's pose', right? :)

"Hi, mom!"


I loved watching how Audrie carries her body when she is dancing and leaping.

 Such confidence and determination.



Don't get me wrong, there was plenty of this going on, too... ha!

The second half of the class is tap.



And Audrie really let her personality and sense of rhythm shine with those tap shoes on.







  I managed to capture a quick video (before my battery died). It may look like a lot of chaos going on here, but if you look closely you'll see that Audrie is actually one of the only ones who knows what she is supposed to be doing...