Tuesday, June 25, 2013

this is happening


 Oh my goodness, so much is happening right now but I wanted to at least get on here one last time before the big move and give you an update!

Last week, on Tuesday, Jamie left with the girls and flew to Arkansas. He had to finish up some last minute stuff with our house, jobs, pre-school, etc. Jamie's mom took Audrie and Annie to her house and Jamie flew back to NYC on Friday. Let me just say, I can barely even type that sentence because I AM MISSING MY BABY GIRLS SO BAD!! Lots of tears. Lots.

Ok, in the middle of the crying over my babies, I did enjoy my "single" life for a few days. I took lots of yoga classes, ate whatever I wanted (which usually means sitting on the couch with a spoon and half a watermelon watching reruns of Project Runway), I went shopping, and of course packed.
The packing has been going great actually. It hasn't been very stressful. We've been working on it for about two weeks here and there. Since the girls left we've been able to use their room as the holding room for everything to load on the Uhaul.

Jamie came back late Friday night (well, actually 2:30 in the morning on Saturday in a private car with professional golfer, Cristie Kerr, but that's a story you'll have to ask him about). Then Jamie and I enjoyed a wonderful weekend of "vacationing" in NYC together!

 We made dinner reservations, ate long meals at restaurants we've been wanting to try, went shopping on 5th Avenue, stopped by the Brooklyn Flea Market, rode bikes in Central Park, took a nap on a blanket in the Sheep's Meadow, went to the theater, and even slept til 11am on Sunday! Such the life.



Just when I start to think I'm going to hop the next flight to Arkansas to go hug my babies, because I'm sure they are missing me SO MUCH.... I get pictures from Jamie's family of the girls so obviously miserable at Grandma's house...



So the next few days we will be finishing up loose ends here in the city and saying our final goodbyes to the friends we've made. Saturday morning we have movers helping us load the Uhaul and then Jamie and I drive outta this city for a two day road trip headed to Northwest Arkansas. We get into town late Sunday night if anyone wants to leave their porch light on for us. :)