Wednesday, October 23, 2013

photography galore


As I mentioned, I've been doing several fun photo shoots lately. 

Photography is such a bittersweet thing for me right now, because I LOVE LOVE LOVE taking photos and each photo shoot is so unique it's fun seeing how it will all play out. But then when I get home and have hundreds of photos to sort through and edit, I'm like "ooooh, right. Now I have a ton of work to do in my SPARE time".  

But once I get my act together and finish the photos- my favorite part of the whole process is giving someone their photos. Bringing that happiness to someone is really super fun!

********

Ok first up, I did a newborn shoot for the same family whose maternity pics I did a month ago. This baby was truly the most laid back baby I've ever seen. She put up with me for way longer than any newborn should have to. I even stuck wings on her back and she was cool with it!

PS- little insider tip here... this is a purple bath mat from Target. (And yes, we had extra heaters around for this sweet baby!)



This is usually my sign that the photo shoot is over.

 Up next is my friend and former coworker, Shannon, had a new baby girl and asked me to snap a couple pics of her newborn. Again, another chill baby. Maybe I'm only remembering my own daughters and how they came out of the womb with their list of demands, but this little baby girl was another laid back baby.




A few months ago a friend of a friend asked me to do a family photo shoot INSIDE Razorback Stadium. (They had a cousin who worked for the Athletic Dept and he let us in.) Honestly I was a little intimidated, but decided to go for it. It was lots of fun and I'm glad I said yes. 
 It was tough to position around the glaring sun but we worked it out and got a ton of pics.







My former neighbors in Cave Springs asked me to do a family photo shoot back in August. I always love how Gina puts together the colors for their clothes. I know that can be hard for some people, but Gina always does great!
 I can't believe how grown up her kiddos have become! Beautiful family!


My long time friend, Jaclyn, wanted me to snap some photos of her family of five. Let me tell you, photographing teenage girls is a dream! All I would do is point in the general direction of where to stand and they walked over and BAM- struck a pose. Easy!


And with a family this stylish, how can you go wrong! A photographer's dream.


Ok, this may be my favorite photo I've taken in a long time. What a gorgeous girl who is not afraid to embrace her own style and be different. 


Ok, that's what's been happening inside my camera these days. Thanks for tuning in.